IDENTITY THEFT / SCAM
While there are many ways for your identity to get stolen, the easiest way to become a victim of identity theft is by sharing personal information over the internet. If you aren't careful, criminals could steal your identity by finding any of the following:
- Credit Card Information
- Bank Account Number
- Personal Identification
(driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Stolen Passwords
How to protect your IDENTITY when your browsing the internet
- Use more than one password
- Use (not-so) random characters
- Using any of the antivirus application for any electronic devices
Scams can be seen in two scenarios, fake emails and web messages popups
Some common scams messages would be:
- "During our regular verification of accounts, we couldn't verify your information. Please click here to update and verify your information."
- We suspect an unauthorized transaction on your account. To ensure that your account is not compromised, please click the link below and confirm your identity."
- "Our records indicate that your account was overcharged. You must call us within 7 days to receive your refund."